Sunday, April 22, 2012

Game Design Log - Entry #6

I've spent the last week arguing with myself over how to lay out my classes... I've got a good idea of how things should work in the end, but C# doesn't seem to let me lay things out the way I want.

For collision detection, I want to be able to get everything as close as possible as far as function calls for checking whether things collide. I have a feeling there's a way to do what I want, I just don't know how to do it. With C++, I could do this with multiple inheritance, and have a "Lander" class inherit both my "sprite" and "gravityObject" classes. C# doesn't have multiple inheritance, though. I don't want to have objects of the "sprite" and "gravityObject" classes inside my "Lander" object, 'cus then I'd have to do lander.sprite.rect.intersectsWith(), which would be different from all the other calls to intersectsWith()...

Maybe I'm just being too picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment